Christian Science Nursing Education
What is Christian Science Nursing?
Christian Science nurses provide skilled, practical care that is grounded in the spiritual healing method of Christian Science discovered by Mary Baker Eddy in 1866. The Christian Science nurse’s standard of care rests squarely on the Bible, especially the Ten Commandments, the teachings of Christ Jesus, and the writings of Mary Baker Eddy.
What is Christian Science Nurses training?
Courses are usually divided into two parts, a classroom portion and a mentored training portion where the student works alongside nurses and has direct contact with patients. You can find out more information from the Association of Organizations for Christian Science Nursing.
What We Fund
We provide grants to assist with tuition costs for students enrolled in Christian Science nurses training at selected facilities around the world. Click here for a list of our partner facilities: ABF Partners.
How to Apply
Once you have been admitted by one of the training facilities listed on our Partners page, you can apply online. Applications are processed on a rolling basis without any firm deadlines. You must submit a copy of your acceptance letter for the class along with your ABF application. Applications must be received no later than the last week of the class for which the student requests funding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Do you fund transportation and housing costs?
- No. We only fund classroom tuition. If you need help with living expenses, consider contacting The Principle Foundation.
- Why did you stop funding the internship portion of Christian Science nurses training?
- After experimenting with funding the internship portion for a couple of years, it became necessary to redirect those funds to ABF’s international nursing programs.
- Why don’t you fund training at all Christian Science nursing facilities?
- We partner with those facilities who charge tuition for training. Currently, not all facilities charge tuition.